Sunday 8 August 2010

Day 9 - A break from rehearsals

Today Mummy and Daddy had a day off from their rehearsals as it was principals only. We spent the morning at the cottage relaxing, before meeting up with the grandparents and Auntie Roxanne for dinner. I had fish fingers which were really yummy - so much so that I asked for more when I was finished! :)

After lunch we went to the Pavilion for ice-creams and I was 'Highly delighted' to have a butterscotch one all to myself. I made a bit of a mess (a LOT of a mess says Mummy) but it was delicious! :) While we were eating we listened to a brass band that was playing on the bandstand in the gardens. I thought they were very good but was dissappointed that I did not hear any G&S being played while I was listening. I escaped from my pushchair after I had finished my ice-cream to go and see the ducks and then I noticed the train in the gardens was running. Luckily Mummy and Daddy had planned on taking me on it anyway so I had a ride on it with Mummy, Daddy and Auntie Roxanne. I loved the ride, and we even got an extra lap for our money which was great! (It usually goes round the track twice but we went round three times!). When the ride had stopped and before anyone could stop me, I ran to the play area to play for a little while before going back to the cottage with the 'rents and Roxanne.

While I had my nap Mummy and Roxanne had a play on the Wiggles singstar game which they both said was great fun! When I woke up they got me ready and then we went to Grandma and Grandad's 'new cottage', (they had to move cottage yesterday for the last 2 weeks of the festival,) to have a look around and to drop me off for the night. It really is a lovely big flat with loads of toys for me to play with and a really massive garden, (which I had an explore of) with a stream, swings and some really cute Guinea-pigs, which I loved, especially as I am missing the ones at nursary. :)

Mummy and Daddy said that the shows (Charles Court Opera's 'Zoo and HMS Pinafore) were both excellent! They had seen 'Zoo' by them last year, but pinafore was a new production that they hadn't seen before. They particularly liked the 'aunt' in pinafore and thought that their friend Ian Belsey was Spectacular in the role of Sir Joseph, quite the star of the show (Mummy and Daddy said you would buy me an ice-cream if I put that Ian!) 'The best Sir Joseph they have seen so far in this festival!'

They also said that after 40 years of showbiz experience he should be nearly up to the standard required to take part in the cabaret and are looking forward to hearing him another year when he feels confident enough! ;)

4 comments:

  1. Well, I'm not quite up to the standard of the other lovely people who did the cabaret. I'll work harder so I can next year. Thank you for the kind Sir Jobo comments. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. And an ice cream's on its way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to read your blog again, Robert!

    Chris (Wain)

    ReplyDelete