Tuesday 17 August 2010

Day 16 - The heights of Abraham

Today Mummy, Daddy and I visited the Heights of Abraham.

When we got to Matlock we parked in the carpark and then Mummy and Daddy took me across the railway line and up to some things called 'cable cars'. They didn't look much like cars to me as they had no wheels and flew through the air on wires, but as Mummy and Daddy said they were 'cars' I believed them and called them cars too. :) I was wheeled into one of these funny cars and we 'took off' into the air. I really loved looking out of the windows at all the houses, trees, people, cars, busses and bikes that we passed as we made our way up the hill and pointed them all out to Mummy and Daddy.
While at 'the heights' we did loads of exciting things, so many infact that this would be very long and boring if I put all of them so I will just put the best bits. First we went and looked at a display about the changing countryside around the heights and about it becoming a tourist attraction. We then went upstairs in there and looked at some fossils and watched a video about how they were formed - my favourite bit of the video was when there was a big dinosaur - RRRAAAAHHHHH!! After that we went to the lookout tower and I climbed all the way to the top by myself! (ok, with a little help from daddy as he held my hands, but I did all the walking!) I then had a go on the adventure playground which was great fun, even if I was tecnically a bit to little to go on it properly! :) Mummy and Daddy decided after dinner that they would like to go on one of the cave tours so we waited for one of them, only to be told that they could not take me in there in my pushchair as there were loads of steps, so, as they didn't really want me running around the cave they decided not to go on that tour so we went to the other cave which they could take my pushchair in. (Mummy later went in the first cave on her own and enjoyed it, though said that it definatly would have been difficult with the pushchair and that I would probably have got a bit bored during the talks.) The cave we went in was really good and I loved looking around in it and listening to the guide, although my fave bit was when all the lights went out making it really dark. Suddenly I saw a light come on and looked up to see a model of a miner who was talking and telling a tale about life working in the mines. I found this really interesting and was fascinated for most of it, although as the model didn't do anything I did get a bit restless near the end.

On our way back from the cave we stopped at the children's play area and I had loads of fun on all the stuff, though I think Mummy and Daddy particularly like the really big slide that went all the way down a hill. I loved it too as I have never even seen, let alone been on a slide as big as that - I was a bit nervous at first but it was great fun, and I even went down all by myself! (Though Mummy/Daddy were at the bottom waiting for me just incase!) Another of my favourite things was listening to the Ceilidh band that were playing by the resturant. I had a great time dancing to them, and one of them even commented in the microphone how well I was dancing and keeping in time with the music! :)

All to soon it was time to head back to Buxton, though it was not the show we were going back for, as Mummy and Daddy had seen it earlier in the week, but instead we met Grandma, Grandad and Auntie Roxanne for dinner at 'The Old Clubhouse' pub/resturant next to the opera house. I got a bit restless waiting for the food as it took quite a while, so I took Mummy, then Daddy, then Grandma and then Grandad on a 'tour' to see the fish in the pavillion. Dinner was yummy though so it was worth waiting for, I had my own portion of chicken goujons (which was actually an adult starter on the menu but was just right for me though I could only manage half,) a few of Mummy's chips and peas and a bit of Grandad's saussage. For afters I had some of Mummy and Daddy's icecream! Yummy yum!

When dinner was over I had a little run around the Pavilion gardens and the bandstand before going back with the Grandparents to sleep the night while Mummy and Daddy went nto the festival club for the 'Pot-luck Ruddigore.' They said that it was great fun, though as they both had sore throats and coughs they couldn't sing as well or as much as usual and Mummy even sang alto for a lot of it! They were glad they went though.

No comments:

Post a Comment