Saturday 7 August 2010

Day 8 - The Savoynet meal

Day 8 - The savoynet meal

Today was another day with Mummy and Daddy in rehearsals and which I spent with My grandparents. I spent the morning going round Buxton with Grandma and Grandad and also Auntie Roxanne, who arrived by coach last night. At lunchtime We met up with Nanna and Great-Nanna and also Mummy and Daddy, (who were on their lunchbreak from rehearsals) and went for a look around the memorabilia fair. I didn't really see what all the fuss was about, but Mummy and Daddy seemed very excited by all the stuff that was onsale and spent loads of money on things. One of the stallholders (Who knew Mummy and Daddy,) Came over to me and gave me a yeoman teddy bear and said that it was a present for me and that we didn't have to pay for it which I thought was great! :) When Mummy and Daddy went back to rehearsals I went out with Nanna and Great-Nanna.

In the evening it was time for the annual Savoynet Photo and Meal. We met outside the opera house and I had a little run around and went to see everyone. I finally got to meet Bob and Jackie who were like second parents to Mummy while she was at university. :)

When everyone had gone into the operahouse to see the show, all the Savoynetters gathered on the operahouse steps for the photograph. I wasn't really in the mood for staying still and posing, but Daddy held me and I tried my best to be good. When that was over we all walked to the restaurant for he meal. When we got there, Mummy and Daddy put me in the highchair and almost immediatly gave me a prawn cracker to try - I thought it was yummy and so asked for more! During the meal I tried a bit of most things, including spring rolls. lemon chicken, spare ribs, rice, sweet and sour pork and stir-fry veg - I though it was all yummy, though was too tired to eat too much of it. When everyone had finished eating a few people did some speeches and we made some 'toasts' to various people - everyone on our table thought it was really cute that I joined in using my juice! The speaches were followed by everyone singing 'Hail Poetry' which is a bit of a G&S anthem, and then those on our table also sang a few more songs with a few more people joining in. We left the restaurant and went to the festival club for the Pot-luck Trial By Jury, but unfortunatly I was so tired that I fell asleep before it even started! Mummy and Daddy enjoyed it though. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment