Tuesday 17 August 2010

Day 18 - Another Gullivers!

Yes you did read the title correctly! Today, as I had enjoyed my time at Gullivers so much on the previous visits, Mummy, Daddy and I went, not to the Gullivers in Matlock where I have been before, but to the Gullivers in Warrington. It was a much longer drive (1 hour 20mins instead of 1/2 hour) but it was much bigger! It would be really boring if I wrote about all the rides I went on because I went on so many, but my favourites were the aeroplanes, the car rides, the carosels, the train and the tractor rides. I particularly liked on of the car/tractor rides which I was alowed to go on all by myself as it made me feel so grown up! (Usually I have to have either Mummy or Daddy on the rides with me because I am so little so it was great to be indipendant!) I also like seeing all the dinosaurs in the walkthrough bit and going 'RRRRAAAHHH' at them! :)

Because Grandma and Grandad were also going to the show tonight, only Daddy went and I stayed at home with Mummy. We had loads of fun playing 'Wiggles Singstar', watching Tv and 'dancing The Cachucha' before winding down by reading a book before I went to bed.

Daddy says that the show, Derby's 'Mikado', was really good and very polished, but seemed, to him, to be 'too polished' as, although it was tecnically very good and interesting, it just seemed to have hardly any life in it at all - almost as if it had been rehearsed too much to the the point where the cast were no longer really enjoying it and had got tired and bored of the show, which was a shame. In many ways, a less polished but more 'full of life' show would have been much better from the audience point of view as the lack of life 'took the shine off' an an otherwise excellent production.

1 comment:

  1. Even in Gettysburg, before it was polished, it had a tired air about it.

    Sam

    ReplyDelete