Friday 6 August 2010

Day 6 - Gullivers

Today Grandma and Grandad took me to the Gullivers family theme park in the morning while mummy and Daddy were rehearsing.
We had loads of fun on the rides - my favourite was the Lilliput express train ride, which I wanted to go on again and again! :)

By about 1.00 I had tired Grandma and Granddad out so wwe went back to their cottage for the rest of the afternoon and had fun playing with my toys before going to pick up Mummy and Daddy from their rehearsal. We got their a bit early and I'm glad we did as we managed to catch the end of their rehearsal when they were blocking the Cachucha. I thought it was great hearing all the great singing and watching everyone doing the dancing. I loved clapping along, and when everyone had finished I couldn't resist running into the rehearsal area and shouting for 'MORE' and showing off to everyone that I could do some of the moves! (Well sort of! :) ) Luckily for me they did do more, and, because I didn't want to go back to Grandma for the first time, Daddy picked me up and I had a dance with him and Mummy which was great fun, though when they did a full run of the dance I had to go back to watch and it was AMAZING, especially considering that they had only just learned it! (The last comment has nothing to do with the fact that Mummy helps me type this up!)


I spent this evening Singing Wiggles and Watching Paramithi with Daddy while Mummy went to see the show in the opera house which was Pirates by South Anglia.

Mummy says that, although it was a very good and polished show she feels that it suffered a fair ammount with 'Pork-pie disease' (playing for cheap laughs), with things like Fredrick being in just his underpants for most of the first act being just one of them. She also agreed with the adjudicator about the Seargent of Police, as he was played as being extreamly camp and it was just too much and detreacted from the character rather than adding to it, which was a shame and it wasn't particularly to Mummy's taste - lot's of the audience seemed to enjoy the character though which was good. Despite these there were also many non-traditional bits that mummy did like, like the Pirates coming in in their 'ship' at the start and Ruth apearing out of Fredrick's birthday cake. Overall a great show though possibly not of the same standard as South Anglia's previous shows in Mummy's opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment