Saturday 14 August 2010

Day 12 - Showtime!!

I didn't really see much of Mummy and Daddy today as it was the day of Savoynet's Gondoliers so they spent most of their time at the theatre! I did however see them for a little while in the morning before they went there and we had a little play which was great! I spent the day with my grandparents and had loads of fun, but I am going to write in here about the show because I know a lot of Mummy and Daddy's friends will be reading this and want to know about it.

After a good, but tiring dress rehearsal (during which Daddy banged his leg on someone's sword and really hurt it!) it was time for the performance. Grandad Read (Grumps) had got to Buxton just in time to see the show so he took his place in the audience with my other Grandparents while Auntie Roxanne looked after me. Ian Smith did his pre-show speech and announced that the show was a sell out and that people had even payed for the 'standing room only' places! Mummy and Daddy said that the show went really well, with only a few very minor slip ups and mistakes and that the audience and adjudicator really seemed to enjoy it. Mummy said that the cachucha was her personal highlight as she really enjoyed dancing it and felt that the audience gave it a very good reaction and applause when they had finished. Daddy was not sure what his favourite bit of the show was as he enjoyed all of it, although I am pretty sure that he may include his 'burp' (which he had been practicing all week) among his highlights! (Daddy had to burp just after the line 'We are much obliged to you for your expressions of satisfaction and good feeling!)

When they show was over all the cast headed over to the festival club for their cabaret, and I even woke up from my sleep and was picked up by Nanna to go and join them, wearing my own Gondoliers t-shirt that had been printed especially! :) I couldn't wait to get onto the cabaret stage, so I ran up to Neil Smith just before he announced the start of the cabaret, we were going to introduce it together, but I decided to leave it to the pro and went back to Mummy. I joined the cast onstage for the first number that was dedicated to Sarah and Stuart who got married at the start of the festival. I got a bit stage struck when Diana, the director, introduced me to everyone in the club, but I took it in my stride and really loved being up there singing with everyone. I enjoyed it so much that I spent the rest of the excellent cabaret trying to get back onto the stage! Unfortunatly, by the time it got to the last couple of chorus numbers when Mummy and Daddy went back onstage, I was feeling very over tired and restless and so couldn't really stay on the stage with them so instead I had a dance around with 'Auntie' Krystal (my friend Donovan's mum) which was great fun. :) I did manage to get back on the stage when it was all over though and sang 'twinkle twinkle little star', though as I wasn't anywhere near enough to reach the microphones no-one could hear me except Mummy and Daddy but I didn't really care!

Needless to say I was really tired when it was all over!

No comments:

Post a Comment