Tuesday 3 August 2010

Day 3 - Such a pretty pretty wedding.

Today was a wonderful day because Mummy and Daddy's friends Sarah and Stuart got married, and Mummy was one of their bridesmaids! :) (They are my friends too, but mummy and Daddy know them better!)

I started off the day at Grandma and Grandad's cottage having a play while Daddy had a bit of a rest and Mummy was at the hotel with Sarah getting ready for the wedding. Grandma and Grandad took me outside for a little while and while we were out I met my 'email friend' Donovan and we had a great time running around and playing together and even swapped toys! ( When Mummy was about 4 months pregnant with me she was in Princess Ida at the festval with Donovan's Mummy Krystal, who lives in America, who was also 4 months preganant with Donovan. Donovan was born about a week after I was.)

Anyway..........After my Nap Daddy got me changed into my new shirt, trousers, socks and shoes and I went in my pushchair to the bandstand in the pavillion gardens to see the wedding. I got really excited when I saw the wedding cars with the bridesmaids, bridesmen, Sarah and her mum in as they were old fashioned ones that looked really nice and posh. Sarah looked really beautiful in her wedding dress (Mummy says that when she first saw her walking down the hotel steps in it, her and the other bridesmaids cried cos she looked so stunning!) and I didn't recognise Mummy at first because she looked very different in her bridesmaids dress, with her hair and makeup done all posh!

The ceremony itself took place on the bandstand, but as we were sitting in the gardens infront of it Daddy and I could not hear much of it except the singing, but Mummy says that it was really lovely and made her cry!

After the photographs (which I will post a couple of at a later date.) we went to The palace Hotel for the wedding reception. We started with a drinks and canapes reception and then went in for the main meal. I was soo lucky during the meal as 'Aunty Sandra' (The brides Mum) had made me up a wonderful goody bag to keep me amused that had loads of books, a mini colouring book and crayons, a toy bus with figures to sit in it, a toy train with carriages that join together with magnets, 2 bananas and a bottle of my favourite J20 juice! She had even arranged for me to have a special portion of icecream during the afters!! (I shared Daddy's food for the other 2 courses as he didn't want much!)
Before the speaches I had a little run around and play with my new toys in a little area beside the tables that was just big enough for me to run round in, and Mummy and Daddy said I was a very good boy during them as I sat down on the floor nicely with my new books and didn't make too much noise!

I had a run around outside while the rooms were being re-set for the disco and then went in for a little dance about. I really loved running around and dancing on the dancefloor, and the man doing the disco even took a couple of pictures of me dancing and put them up on the screen as part of the wedding slideshow! I thought it was great to see myself on the screen and kept pointing out the pictures everytime they appeared. I also loved joining in to dancing to 'reach for the stars' by Sclub7 as it was fun to copy the routine that all the other people on the dancefloor were doing - everyone said that I was very good at it! :)

After a while I started to get rather tired and also a bit grizzly because i didn't want to be tired, so Daddy took me out for a ride in my pushchair for 1/2 hour while Mummy had a bit of a dance and then as I was getting so tired, and Daddy was too, We decided to call it a night and go back to the cottage for some sleep.

I will end by saying CONGRATULATIONS to Sarah and Stuart and hope they have many happy years together as Husband and Wife. :)

Photos will follow shortly!

No comments:

Post a Comment