Saturday 21 August 2010

Day 19 - A morning with some animals

And no, I don't mean my parents! (Though of course they were there too!)

This morning Mummy, Daddy and I went to Matlock Farm Park. I loved seeing all the animals, especially feeding the sheep and goats. I thought it was so funny when they stuck out their toungues to get at the food pellets that I had in my hand, I had fits of the giggles and couldn't stop smiling - Even Mummy seemed to enjoy watching me feed them more than feeding them herself! At one point while I was feeding the sheep a wasp came up and stung me on the side of the nose when I tried to swat it away. It really hurt and I was a bit scared for a little while, but I was a very brave boy and soon calmed down, especially when Mummy and Daddy took me over to the play area. The play area was great with good slides (even if they were a bit high off the ground at the end,) a sand pit,a bouncy castle, a massive wendy house, a see-saw, swings and an old tractor that I could climb on. There were also some pedal carts and tricycles in another bit of the farm which I spent ages playing on, giving Mummy and Daddy achy backs from having to push me around! As well as the Goats and Sheep that I mentioned earlier, there were also pigs, chickens, ducks, donkeys, horses, cows, peacocks, alpacas, ferrets, chincillas, Rabbits and Guinea-pigs. I was really lucky as Mummy went to get one of the ladys who works at the farm and she got one of the guinnea-pigs out for me to cuddle which was brilliant!

After the farm park we went back to the cottage for a bit and then went for another little walk around Buxton. We met Grandma and Grandad in the Pavilion gardens and they took me for a little while and we had a play while Mummy and Daddy went for a quick look around Scriveners bookshop which is a second hand bookshop that they really like.

Tonights show was The festival production of The Sorceror which Mummy went to see with Grandma and Grandad while I stayed at the cottage with Daddy and had some fun before going to bed.
Mummy said that the show was quite good, and while maybe not quite up to the standard of many of the productions at the festival this year, was in her opinion one of the best festival productions for the past few years. She liked the fact that there were a few different interpritations of some of the lines and liked some of the charecterisation in it. She also like how the very small chorus was used to great effect, though would have liked a few more stranger pairings in act 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment