Tuesday 3 August 2010

Day 4 - Last day before rehearsals start.

I started the morning by giving Mummy and Daddy a lovely lie-in as I didn't wake up until gone 8.30!!

The first part of the morning was spent in the cottage, watching CBeebies and playing with the new toys I got at the wedding yesterday before going into Buxton for a walk around.
When we arrived in Buxton, we had to walk past Trinity Church where Mummy and Daddy have their rehearsals, and where some of the principals were rehearsing today. Dianna, the director came out and said 'Hi' and that they were just taking a break at that moment if we wanted to go in a say hello - so we did!
I had a good run around and went to see all the principals, which was great, but the best bit was when Dianna came over and handed me - A WIGGLES SINGSTAR GAME AND A 'KINGDOM OF PARAMITHI' DVD!!!! :) I was really delighted as I thought I wouldn't get them as they are not avaliable in the UK. (Dianna lives in Australia, so apparently Mummy and Daddy emailed her and asked if she could possibly buy one or other of them and bring them with her and they would pay her back and she bought both!!) I am such a lucky boy!

After meeting the principals we went into Buxton town centre for lunch, and while we were there we heard a bagpiper and couple of vilolinists - I really enjoyed both of them, but what I was most impressed with was the bagpipe players cheeks which really blew up like baloons - Daddy was also highly impressed!

When I woke up from my nap (at the cottage) Mummy and Daddy had put on my new Dvd. I watched the first episode and thought it was great! The story was the king and queen of Paramithi putting on a production of Cinderella. It had loads of music in it,most of which was from the G&S operas (although with VERY different words!) so of course that is what I loved most about it! :) I then had a go at singing some duets with Mummy on the Singstar game, (I got quite a good score on 'twinkle twinkle little star') and then Daddy took my mike and had a go while I had a dance! :) Nanna and Great-Nanna turned up and we had a little play and then we all went to the Clubhouse for the Savoynet meet up.
At the meetup I spent AGES playing with my friend Donovan, running around and causing general havoc - we made sure our parents and grandparents were kept busy! I then went back to the cottage with Nanna and Great-Nanna while Mummy and Daddy went to see the show which was Peak Opera's Patience.

Mummy and Daddy said that they liked the "cello" in Act 2, which looked and sounded more like a tuba. The silly marching was good and very polished (except when people, very occasionally, got out of step). They didn't get the idea behind the subtitles being carried across the stage on pieces of paper in a handful of places. But this didn't really detract from an excellent production. (Oh and they were amazed at how much 'Mike Raynor' looked like 'Auntie Ian' on stage as the solicitor!)

1 comment: