Saturday 21 August 2010

Day 21 - Alton Towers

Yep Today Mummy, Daddy and I went to Alton Towers for the day. Mummy and Daddy had origionally planned to go on their own one day while I was with my grandparents, but as they didn't get a chance to do that they took me along too and I (and them I think) was glad they did! :) We started off by going to get a 'parent queue share' pass so that Mummy and Daddy could go on the rollercoasters without all three of us having to queue up. Next we went on a few rides in 'Storybook land' - The squirrel nutty ride, doodle doo derby, and old MacDonalds singing barn. Mummy then spotted that one of the 'kiddie coasters' called 'the beastie' didn't have any height restrictions (other than under a certain height must be accompanied) so I WENT ON MY VERY FIRST 'PROPER' ROLLERCOASTER!!! I wasn't sure what to make of it at first as it was very fast and bumpy but I think I liked it.........yeah I really think I must have liked it as I kept saying "Wheee!" every time we went over the hills and bumps. :) Mummy and Daddy then decided that they would like to have a go on the new ride th13teen so we took the skyride cable cars to get to the right area of the park - YEY! When we got there Daddy took the pass and queued up to go on the ride while Mummy and I went on the carousel and spent some time playing in Wobble world which was like a bouncy castle / soft play area. We then went on the 2p machines in the arcade near the rides and won quite a few keyrings before Daddy came to meet us after his ride and Mummy took the pass and went on it herself. To save boredom I will now just list all the rest of the rides we went on instead of doing a propper account: We all went on/saw Furry friends, Old MacDonald's tractor ride, had a walk through the haunted hollow and saw the aquarium and Mummy and Daddy also went on Hex and Air.

This evening Mummy and Grandma and Grandad went to the opera house to see Opera Della Luna's HMS Pinafore while I stayed at Grandma and Grandad's cottage with Daddy. Mummy had seen the show loads and loads of times before but still thoroughly enjoyed it and liked some of the busisiness that had been added in / changed since last time she saw it!
After the show Grandma and Grandad came back to their cottage to look after me over night while Mummy and Daddy went to the festival club for the pot-luck Patience. Mummy wasn't going to do any roles in the pot-luck as she had only just got her voice back after the bad throat and cough she has had for the past few days, but when she heard that they still needed an Ella she decided that she would do it as she only had a couple of solo bits to sing. She said that it was a really fun pot-luck tho and she enjoyed it the most out of all the pot-lucks this festival.

No comments:

Post a Comment