Sunday 1 August 2010

Day 1 Travel and late nights!

When Mummy and Daddy had finally finished packing the car with our
stuff, which was around lunchtime, we set off for a quick saussage/spam
and chips which we ate in the car, and then set off for Buxton.
I slept for about 2 thirds of the journey, which was about 3 hours
long, and then when I woke up I started to watch one of my Wiggles dvds
on our 'in car dvd player, which Grumps gave us, but had to stop after
2 songs because Daddy's satnav ran out of battery and he needed to plug
it in where the dvd player was! :( Daddy did let Mummy re-plug it in
for me when he got to a road he knew! :)
When we got to our cottage I almost immediatly spotted the Horses, so
after the man had given us a quick refresh of where everything was (we
stayed in the same cottage for the last week last year) I made Mummy
take me to see them while Daddy was unloading the car!
As well as the horses we saw, Sybil the pig and Basil the dog who I
remember from last year. I got lovely and muddy which I loved, though I
don't think Mummy was too impressed! We then went shopping in the local
Tescos express and had a play in the cottage before going into Buxton
for a walk. (In the rain!)
On our walk we had a look around the Pavillion gardens, talked to the
lady on the Pimms stall outside the opera house, and saw a few friends.
It was already about an hour after my bedtime when we went into the
festival club. We went straight over to the little play area and I had
a great time looking at the books and playing with the various toys
that were out. I also had a run around the club to see some of our
friends, and Mummy got me a J2O juice which I love!
When I started to 'act a bit too tired and silly' Mummy and Daddy put
me in pushchair, but still let me play with the toys which was nice.
Nanna Read and Great Nanna Harrowven came to join us, and Great Nanna
had a great time playing with one of the noisy toys! :)
The main entertainment for the night was a 'pot luck' Gondoliers.
Mummy, Daddy, Nanna and Great Nanna sang along to all the chorus bits
and I was really enjoying listening to the music and singing, and,
although it was about 2 1/2 hours past bedtime I really didn't want to
go to sleep and miss any. However sleep finally overtook me halfway
through one of the Casilda/Luiz duets! Mummy and Daddy said it was
really good though and I wish I could've heard all of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment